Selling your property is a huge financial commitment and therefore it’s very important that you take the neccessary steps to do things correctly and deal only with a reputable organisation or person.
There are some simple checks and steps you can take to ensure you dont get scammed! Please read on to find out more.
Simply complete the quote form found on this page and we’ll provide you with a valuation and cash price and purchase your property today. We can sell your house quickly and help you achieve 100% of the asking price you need!
What are the quick sale scams to look out for?
- Unrealistic high offers. We have found out that amongst other tricks is that sometimes the property organisation or person who claims to want to buy your house will make you an un-realistic high offer to get your initial interest. Then will try to reduce the amount they will pay at the last minute or near completion (when you are most vulnerable – and need to sell your property quickly or facing home repossession).
- Are they real cash buyers? You should also be aware that there are only a handful of real cash property buyers operating in the market (our buyers and Buy Fast being one of them!) which means that many advertsing here on the internet and within your local paper for example dont have the financial means to purchase your property as quickly as they say they can, or to provide you with the professional service you deserve.
There are also buyers who claim to be “genuine cash buyers” who are not and simply act as enquiry sellers and will pass your enquiry to someone else to deal with. Therefore you don’t get the full advantages of a genuine cash buyer. You’ll often only find this out later on in the sales process when it is too late and you have agreed to sell.
It’s also important to consider that none genunie cash buyers will take much longer to purchase your home as they will require finance or another third party in place to sell your property onto.
- The unregulated sale and rent back scam. Since the 30th of June 2010 all companies and individuals who wish to offer a sale and rent back service have had to be regulated initially by the FSA and now the newly formed FCA – Financial Conduct Authority. This means that you shoud only ever deal with a reputable FCA authorised Sale and Rent Back firm if you wish to sell and then rent back your property. You can read more about here here on the FCA website.
Do your due diligence and carry out checks on your buyer
It is really important that you do due diligence and to ensure that you are happy with the person or organisation you are dealing with and who you agreeing to sell your house to. Some simple checks at the start of your enquiries can provide you with peace of mind that your dealing with a reputable cash buyer.
Here is an important check list of questions you should ask your buyer, and points to consider:
- Can they show you proof of available funds to purchase your home? Check that they really are cash buyers.
- Can they provide you with genuine testimonials from previous happy customers?
- Have they provided an office address and are you able to make an appointment to visit them in person if you wish to do so?
- Are they a member of the Property Ombudsman (TPOS)? (Read more here)
- Are they a member of the National Association of Property Buyers? (Read more here)
- How long have they been in in the property buying business?
- Ask who the directors or business owners are and the people behind the business you are dealing with. This will help you in doing further due diligence checks on who runs the company. The website Duedil.com can help you when researching company identification information such as business ownership, directors and credit reports. Its free to sign up.
Want to sell and rent back your home?
If you do wish to sell and rent back your home then beaware of those who are offering this service and who are not registered or authorised to do so. Anyone who is offering a SARB service and isn’t registered with the FCA are breaking the law and you should avoid them at all costs. Please complete the form on this page and we can quickly provide you with range of options.
Sell your house to us
If you need to sell you house quickly for cash or you wish to sell on the open market then we can help. We are part of a nationwide cash house buyer organisation with real cash funds to purchase property quickly and professionally. We can also help you achieve the full asking price you require via a range of practical sale options.
When you deal with us everything will be explained to you in a clear and upfront manner so that you fully understand the process including the price you are selling your house for and the time frame involved.
To get started then simple compete the quote form found here on the website and we’ll get back to you with a clear and upfront price.
Author Susan Jones – Google +
Best Wishes, Susan