Want to sell and then rent back your home?
We are no longer able to offer a sale and rent back solution. However, if you would like to learn about the options to sell your house either as a fast cash sale or via the open market then please complete the quote form found on this page to find out how much we can pay for your home right now.
Best Wishes, Susan.
What is a sale and rent back?
A sale and rent back scheme is a financial agreement in which a homeowner sells their property to a buyer like Ask Susan and then rents it back from the buyer. This type of arrangement is typically used by people who need to access the equity in their home but want to continue living in it. The seller receives a lump sum payment for the sale of the property and can then use the money for any purpose, such as paying off debts or funding retirement.
In a sale and rent back scheme, the buyer becomes the new owner of the property and assumes responsibility for all associated costs, such as maintenance and repairs. The seller, on the other hand, becomes a tenant and pays rent to the buyer to continue living in the property. The terms of the rental agreement are typically negotiated as part of the sale and can include provisions such as rent increases, eviction clauses, and renewal options.
Sale and rent back schemes can be beneficial for homeowners who are struggling financially or facing foreclosure. By selling their home and renting it back, they can free up cash and avoid the stress of finding a new place to live. However, it’s important to note that these schemes can come with significant risks and drawbacks.
One potential risk is that the buyer may increase the rent or terminate the rental agreement, leaving the seller without a place to live. Additionally, the seller may be required to vacate the property if they fall behind on rent payments or violate the terms of the rental agreement. Finally, sale and rent back schemes can be expensive, with fees and charges that can add up quickly.
To protect consumers, sale and rent back schemes are subject to regulations and oversight by government agencies. Homeowners considering a sale and rent back scheme should carefully review the terms of the agreement, seek legal and financial advice, and explore alternative options before making a decision.
What are the alternatives?
Here are some alternatives to sale and rent back schemes:
- Remortgaging: Remortgaging involves taking out a new mortgage on your property with a different lender, potentially at a lower interest rate. This can help to reduce monthly mortgage payments and free up cash for other expenses.
- Negotiating with your lender: If you are struggling to make your mortgage payments, you may be able to negotiate a payment plan with your lender. This could involve spreading out payments over a longer period of time or reducing the amount of each payment.
- Renting out a spare room: If you have a spare room in your property, you could consider renting it out to a lodger. This can provide extra income to help cover your mortgage payments.
- Selling to a traditional buyer: Instead of selling your property to a company through a sale and rent back scheme, you could sell it to a traditional buyer. This can provide a lump sum of cash, which can be used to pay off any outstanding debts or mortgages.
- Government schemes: In some cases, the government may provide financial assistance to homeowners who are struggling to make their mortgage payments. These schemes can vary depending on your location and circumstances, so it’s worth researching what options are available to you.
It’s important to note that each of these alternatives comes with its own risks and benefits, and what works best for one homeowner may not be suitable for another. It’s important to carefully consider your options and seek professional advice before making any decisions.
Ask Susan’s property buyer reviews
The property buyers listed below may have also alternative solutions to sale and rent back.
National property trade reviews
National home buyers reviews
We buy any house reviews
We buy any home reviews
Quick Move Now reviews
Property Cash Buyers reviews
Open Property Group reviews
Property Saviour reviews
Ready Steady Sell reviews
Direct House Buyer reviews
Property Rescue reviews
Flying Homes reviews
Home House Buyers reviews
Springbok Properties reviews
Fast Sale Today reviews
Sell Quick reviews
Accelerate Homes reviews
Quick Buyers reviews
House Buy Fast reviews
The Property Buying Company reviews
Property Solvers Reviews
Spring Move Reviews